Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2016

It's a New Day for #SQ01GOP

by Candace E. Salima | 24 March 2016

It's a new day for our precinct. We are going to be active and engaged. I will be meeting with our delegates in the next few days to prep them for their roles as delegates and as your representatives.

We will talk about their responsibilities and duties as your delegates and prep them for convention.

I wish to thank each of you, all 71 of you, who voted for me to be your precinct chair. I will carry out my duties faithfully. First and foremost, I promise not to leave the Republican Party. The Utah County Republican Platform is something I wholeheartedly agree with and endorse.

For our next caucus I promise these things:
  • We will have three check-in tables on the night of the caucus,
  • We will be set up at 6:00 p.m. so that everyone can be checked in and seated by 7:00 p.m.
  • I will bring my own sound system so everyone can hear
  • We will have counters/watchers pre-selected and there on time
  • The caucus will be organized
  • We will have more than enough ballots for each race
On the side, you'll see our founding documents, the GOP County Party Platform, the GOP State Party Platform and the national GOP Platform.

If anyone is willing to help walk the precinct, we can divide the precinct into a two block radius. You will be responsible for helping GOP voters to register to vote as well as accept any donations which will then be promptly handed over to our treasurer, Emily Murphy. Those monies will then be turned into the County Party.

Again, it is a new day for our little precinct. I am trying to get Senator Mike Lee, Congresswoman Mia Love and Jonathan Johnson down here again. Getting Gary Herbert here will be next to an impossibility as he won't attend debates or townhalls.

Let's put Santaquin on the map for the statesmen and politicians in our state. 

No comments:

Post a Comment